This tutorial will show you how to set up your RealNames email on your iPhone or iPad. The process is the same in iPhone and iPad, though it can differ slightly depending on the model and iOS.
This article explains how to set up your email on your iPhone or iPad.
1.Tap Settings on your home screen.
2. Scroll down, and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Other.
5. Tap Add Mail Account.
6. Enter the following information, and then tap Next:
- Name:Enter your name as you want it to appear when you send email.
- Address:Enter your full RealNames email address.
- Password:Enter your RealNames email password.
- Description: This will be used to identify this email account on your iPhone or iPad. You can enter anything you like here.
The RealNames email service supports both IMAP and POP. We recommend that you choose IMAP because it will keep messages in sync between your iPhone or iPad any other computers or devices that you use with IMAP to access your email account. The settings that follow are the same for both IMAP and POP.
7. In both the Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server sections, enter the following information, and then tap Next:
- Host Name:Enter mail.realnames.com
- User Name:Enter your full RealNames email address.
- Password: Enter your RealNames email password.
Your device now verifies your email account settings. Be patient, as this may take several minutes.
If you receive an error indicating that you Cannot Connect Using SSL, just tap Yes to continue without SSL.
8. Make sure that Mail is turned on and Notes is turned off, and then click Save.
Your IMAP account displays a status message that it has configured sync. This screen will only appear for a few seconds.
Your email account configuration is complete!