This tutorial will show you how to set up your RealNames email on your BlackBerry.
This screenshots are from a BlackBerry 9800 smartphone 3G running OS version 188.8.131.52. These instructions may be slightly different on different models and OS versions.
1. From your home screen, scroll down and tap Setup.
2. Tap Email Accounts.
3. Tap Internet Mail Account.
Skip to step 4 if you have no email accounts on your BlackBerry already.
4. Tap Set up another email account.
5. Tap Other.
6. Enter your RealNames email address and password then tap Continue.
7. A processing message will be displayed on your screen.
8. Tap Change Settings.
9. Scroll down and tap on Advanced Options. The following settings need to be edited:
Email Server: Enter mail.realnames.com
Use SSL: Optional. You can check this option if you want SSL. SSL should work from most connections. The port number will automatically change from 110 to 995 if you select SSL.
10. If you get the error message below, then you should try again with SSL disabled. Tap OK and open Advanced Options again.
11. Change your email server to Enter mail.realnames.com but leave SSL unchecked and then tap Save.
12. Enter your email password to validate your changes and tap OK.
13. The account has been configured! Tap on Return to Setup.